Dawson Valley Free Range

Dawson Valley Free Range

Friday, August 28, 2015

August

First of all, please note that there's five weekends in August so we won't be at the markets in Yeppoon and Rockhampton until NEXT weekend - the 5/6 September. If you would like to put an order in, there is still time - I would like them before Sunday please. You might even like to get some pork osso bucco to try out this dish. I've baked the osso bucco on a bed of tomato and onion. I'll do up a recipe before next weekend and you will find it in the recipe section.



Kim and I will be away again next week, so I won't get a chance to make any bone broth, however I do hope to still get some lard done. I will also have soap available - what do people think of it? I've had some good reviews so far.

We've had a few opportunities lately to get away. Maitland, our youngest son has been home for a couple of months and will be until towards the end of October. So we are trying to take some time off while he is around.

There's been some storms around over the last week and while we've just been getting the tail ends, we've had 25mm so far. We are very happy with that, as the storms tend to start off following the same path, so we may get more yet. The weather has certainly changed and it's been quite warm lately. I suppose it is spring very shortly, so we can expect lots of growth starting to happen. We've had a pretty good year so far, good summer rains and a mild winter - I wonder what's in store for the next few months?

No comments:

Post a Comment