Dawson Valley Free Range

Dawson Valley Free Range

Monday, June 3, 2013

Pork Orders for June

Just a reminder that orders will close by Friday this week. So get it in straight away to avoid disappointment!

Matt from Monto Meats, who does our butchering said that people don't think of pork as winter food.....I hope that's not true. Maybe I need to talk about some of the yummy warm dishes you can make:
  • Curried Pork - use diced pork or spare ribs
  • Curried Pork chops - marinate the pork in a mix of yoghurt and curry paste and bake in the oven - serve with rice, dhal and curried vegetables
  • Sweet and Sour Pork
  • Pork Meatballs - cooked in either coconut milk or stock, with vegies and noodles
  • Roast Pork - leg or belly - someone told me about a belly cooked in milk - I need to explore this idea
  • Pulled Pork Tortillas - request a pork shoulder piece for this one
  • Braised spare ribs
  • Braised Trotters
  • Spaghetti Bolognaise (using pork mince)
  • Meatloaf/mince patties/rissoles.
This is just my quick list....I'll have to think of some more and also post some recipes......

No comments:

Post a Comment