We will have to postpone the scheduled pork delivery for this week coming. Obviously things are a little wet. I'll have to wait until we see what happens over the next week and then we will re-schedule. The good news is that those people in Theodore, Moura, Baralaba and Woorabinda may now be able to order ham and bacon, as we can hopefully send the pigs down with enough time to do that. I will keep everyone posted as soon as we know ourselves.
Our new bridge at Baralaba is under water - it's first flood and it's out! We always knew that it would go under in a big flood, and we're certainly having one of them. What we don't know is how much water is still going to come down from Taroom and Theodore areas. We won't be able to take pigs to Monto until the bridge here is clear - we can go a long way around, but will wait and see if we need to.
On another note, thought I'd post some pictures of our latest additions to the farm:
This chicken was sitting on some eggs in a 44 gallon drum half full of grain. It seems to be a favourite spot for chickens to lay. When I took this photo, she had hatched 5 out of 7 eggs. She has had another one this morning - it's brown and stripy. There breeding is Rhode Island Red x with Indian Game.