What a year it's been! Kim and I have been on a bit of a roller coaster ride with this business. Our production problems have caused quite a bit of stress so I can't wait for the year to finish so we can catch our breath and take some time to get some planning done. Things are traditionally quiet after Christmas so we should get a chance to get our pig numbers up and hopefully for supply to meet demand.
We will have our final market for the year this weekend. We will have pork, beef, goat and a small amount of lamb. I'm really sorry that we couldn't do Christmas hams, but we are going to work very hard to have them next year.
Gladstone customers I am not doing orders, due to too many mistakes in the past. I would love it if you could come out to the Benaraby turnoff under the shady trees (where we used to meet) on Saturday afternoon to select your own meat.
Yeppoon Community Markets - Saturday from 6 - 9.30am
Gladstone - Saturday 2 - 4pm at the Bernaraby turnoff.
Rockhampton - Sunday 6am - 12pm
I would like to take this opportunity to thankyou all for your wonderful support this year and I hope that you will have a happy time over the Christmas break. I know that Kim and I are looking forward to two weeks away over Christmas. We are catching up with all our kids while we leave the farm in the very capable hands of Mick.
A few last minute things to note:
- We will be starting up next year on the weekend of the 14th and 15th of January - will be doing Rocky, Yeppoon and Gladstone.
- In 2017, Blue truffle will once again be using our ham (after that market). Please support them as they are great supporters of local producers.
- Please remember that we sell lard soap - it's been very popular this year so why not have it available for your guests over Christmas.
- I will also have Lard and Bone Broth available for sale this weekend - there are so many ways to incorporate bone broth into your cooking over summer - just ask me!
- We are trying to go plastic bag free, so please bring back your bag from last month, or bring your own bag. In this heat a cold pack bag might be a good option.
- I've decided to do a couple of Christmas specials:
Buy 2 packs of sausages and get the following discounted price: Paleo Pork or Beef $16/kg and Gluten Free Preservative Free for $12/kg.
Once again, thank you for your continuing support of our business. It is greatly appreciated and we look forward to being able to continue to provide pasture raised pork, grass fed and finished beef, goat and maybe lamb in 2017.
Cheers,Lucy and Kim