Dawson Valley Free Range

Dawson Valley Free Range

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

February Markets

Markets this weekend:

Yeppoon Community Markets where you can get lovely fresh pineapples, bananas, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchinis, eggplants, corn (I think it'll still be on) and other vegetables. These markets go from 6am to 10am. I'll be there until 10, but some of the veggie growers sell out early, so it's always a good idea to get there before 8.30am.

Rockhampton Kern Arcade Carpark Markets also have a great range of local veg - more than Yeppoon at the moment. It's sometimes the other way around. I'm there early, but they usually start around 6 and then go until 12.

We will have Pork, Beef, Goat and Lamb this weekend. I keep getting asked, so as a reminder, the animals are all bred and raised on our Farm and are pasture finished. Pigs are fed grain (GMO free), and are on pasture also. Cattle, Goats and Sheep are only pasture fed and finished - no grain, no nasties. Goat will be very limited.....we need to breed more! If you would like me to put anything aside for you, please email me dawsonvalleyfr@bigpond.com and include your mobile number please.

Frequent Free Ranger Subscribers (read more here) it's a monthly delivery this time, however we won't be back at the Markets for a month, so if you haven't already advised me, let me know if you would like a delivery this time anyway.

Gladstone Area - Your next delivery will be the weekend of the 4/5 March.

The following photos are Baked Beef Ribs done using my Moroccan Beef Brisket Recipe (found here) with the addition of 3 tomatoes, chopped. I cooked them in the oven for about 2.5 to 3 hours at 180. Served them with Cous Cous and Roast Veg.....very tasty indeed.






2 comments: