Dawson Valley Free Range

Dawson Valley Free Range

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Markets and Delivery 17-18 October

Next market we will have beef, goat and pork. We will also have salami, chorizo and beer sticks again. These sold like hot cakes last weekend. What did people think of them - luckily I tried the chorizo before the weekend, because we sold out of it.

Hopefully our nitrate free issue will be sorted and we'll have plenty of propper NF bacon and ham!!

This post is also a quick reminder to the Gladstone Area customers that we will be delivering there again next weekend - 17/18 October. Most likely the same place and same time. Saturday the 17th October: 1 - 2pm at the Puma Service Station, Calliope Crossroads.

If you would like to order could you please get back to me this weekend.

A couple of weeks ago I had a spare pork belly. It wasn't really big enough to feed us all, so I decided to make some bacon. I don't smoke it as we don't have a smoker, but after salting I dried it out in a very low oven. It was delicious!!! (although I did overdo the salt a tad!)




2 comments:

  1. I always like to have free range pork and I usually visits the restaurants which serves my flavoursome pork. I like your idea of bacon dried over low oven, I can say it must be very tempting. I hope you had wonderful sell on weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not possible to get free range pork in restaurants in Central Queensland, so you are lucky if yours do! Even though I know restaurants don't have free range or grassfed, I still ask for it. The more often we ask, the more likely a change will happen!

      Delete