Dawson Valley Free Range

Dawson Valley Free Range

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Markets this weekend and for the future

I'll be in Yeppoon and Rockhampton this weekend, selling Pork, Bacon, Ham, Goat, Lamb and Beef. Wow, that sounds like a lot of confusion in the coldroom!

The beef proved very popular last market and we only have a few limited lines this weekend.

However next month it will be back on and we will have all cuts available. I just hope it's as good as the last one! I was very impressed, even if I do say so myself! The goat is always predictable and yummy, but this will be the first lot of lamb. The butcher informs me that its a bit fat, which is a bit of a problem with the excellent season that we are having! Hopefully it'll be okay and still taste good!

Now the sad news......we are very low on pigs! This weekend we should have our normal amount of bacon and meat, however going forward, we may run low on some cuts! I keep telling myself that it's a good thing that demand has outstripped supply, but that doesn't make me feel terribly good telling you guys that we don't have enough pork! So from now on, we will only be running the one market per month and it will be on the first weekend of the month.

So please bare with us and hopefully we'll be back to normal in a few months. Thankyou for your ongoing support and I hope that you enjoy the other meats that we will have on offer over this piggy drought!

No comments:

Post a Comment